When we read about the plight of abandoned and neglected animals, our hearts break. The problem seems overwhelming, and it feels impossible to make a difference. So what can you do to help?
- Spay or neuter your pets, and encourage friends to spay or neuter theirs.
- Adopt. When you decide to get a new pet, consider adopting a shelter animal that needs a second chance. Not only will you have a new best friend for life, you’ll also know that you saved a life and changed the entire world for your new friend.
- Foster an animal. Contact us to learn more about fostering one of our animals. Being in a home instead of a shelter makes a tremendous difference for a lonely and frightened animal. If you don’t live near Breckenridge, TX, check with your local animal shelter to see if they have a foster program.
- Volunteer to help at your local animal shelter. Helping to socialize an animal can be as simple as sitting with them, talking to them, taking them for a walk, or throwing a ball or frisbee in the yard. A little TLC goes a long way for a homeless animal.
- Offer to transport an animal. If you are going out of town, we may have an animal that needs a ride to their new home. Contact us if you’d like to help in this way.
- Contribute financially and support our fundraisers (Resale Shoppe, quilt raffle, etc.)
- Most importantly – spread the word! Follow us on Facebook, and share this website! Interpersonal and online networking is how most of our animals find new and loving homes. It really does make a difference!
With your help, we can adopt even more animals into new homes where they will be loved, cherished, appreciated, and admired.